To cultivate classically trained, lifelong learners, committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, who will enrich their community and God’s kingdom.
Cair Paravel Latin School aspires to become the premier classical Christian, liberal arts school in America.
Students at classical Christian schools receive opportunities to consider and to think about things which are lovely, pure, just, honorable and true. They are taught that there is lovely art, honorable speech, and admirable music. Objective standards exist in art, music, literature, and speech and students are taught to recognize and apply such standards.
Classical Christian schools also recognize the limits of their work. We recognize that God gave authority and responsibility for raising and teaching children to parents, not to schools. When children are taught well and consistently by their parents, their church, and their school, good fruit is often borne in their lives.
As a Christian school, the following statement of faith expresses the basics of our belief:
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; John 10:30, 37, 38; Matthew 3:16,17, 28:19).
- We believe the Bible to be the only fully inspired, infallible, and authoritative written Word of God (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
- We believe in the full deity and full humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious, substitutionary atonement through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection and His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Hebrews 4:15, 7:25, 9:12; John 2:11, 11:25; Colossians 1:14; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11,16).
- We believe that the human race is fallen in Adam and the salvation of lost and sinful man depends upon the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ and is made effectual by faith alone. Salvation is evidenced by repentance toward God, faith in Jesus Christ, and a growing desire to honor God by obeying His commandments (Romans 3:19, 23; John 3:16, 19; Ephesians 2:8, 9; Genesis 3:5, 6; John 4:24).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling and filling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Ephesians 4:30, 5:18; I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19, 20).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they who are saved, into the resurrection of life and they who are lost, into the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28, 29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that all disciples are called to attend, worship and serve Him in a local congregation or fellowship that is part of His body, the Church (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12, 13; Galatians 3:26, 28).
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, and that, from the moment of conception, each of us bears His image (Genesis 1:26, 27; 5:1, 2).
Cair Paravel Latin is a non-denominational Christian school. The above is what we agree to believe together. There are many others things which we do not believe “together”. In these cases, we strive to practice Richard Baxter’s old maxim, “In necessary things, unity; in doubtful things, liberty; in all things, charity.” There are many differences of theology and practice among sincere, evangelical, confessing Christians. Therefore, should one or more of the peripheral doctrines of faith be a stumbling block for you, please consider carefully whether or not CPLS is compatible with your personal belief.